[OS X TeX] edit spell check dictionary

Charles Pugh cpugh at math.toronto.edu
Sat Jan 2 21:39:16 CET 2010

Hello  --

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had never opened a binary.  "Somewhat
encoded" is an understatement.  I'd hoped to find a list of words and
prune it.  That doesn't look possible currently.

Another idea.  A while ago, was there not a feature of some email
programs alerting the writer about being too angry?  Bad words were to
be flagged.  I didn't use the feature, just vaguely remember reading
about it.  As an add-on to a spell checker it might do what I want.
Newspaper writers could certainly use an "affect" versus "effect" flag.

Is there a place at Apple to make such a suggestion?  The Mac forums
there seem mainly designed for belly-aching.

Best,  Charles Pugh