[OS X TeX] some questions on Texshop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 1 02:54:46 CET 2010

On Dec 31, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Per Ting wrote:

> Herb,
>
> Restarting the computer solved the background color problem. I also remapped the the function keys and everything is working now. clicking F5 after \cite opens a small window where I can choose my selection.
>
> Thanks.

Howdy,

What an un-Mac thing top do. Clearly a Windows background. :-) You could have tried simply re-starting TeXShop.

I've always used the Function keys as Function keys by default. I can always b\hold down the `fn' key to get the alternate meaning on the rare occasion that I need them. Glad to hear that it does things well. By the way, it will also look for labels (I think in the same file only though) for doing cross references.

Usually the tag pop-up only has things like sections, etc., automatically. You can manually add anything else by using a line

%: mylabel

at the position you want to tag; then the pop-up will show `mylabel'.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)