[OS X TeX] Re: Biblatex now part of TeX Live 2009

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Tue Feb 16 02:28:34 CET 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 8:04 PM, Joachim Osnabryg wrote:

> Am 16.02.2010, 01:35 Uhr, schrieb Alan Munn:
>> Philip Lehmann strongly recommends that you wait until those styles
>> have been updated before you update to v 0.9
>
> Can we expect that you or whoever will give the signal here, when it
> is done so far?

Not really. The extra styles are distributed separately by different
authors, and most of us probably know about one or two at most, since
they are specific to particular citation styles in different fields
(especially the Humanities).  Updates are usually announced on
comp.text.tex, though.  If you have need for one of the styles, (they
are all located in <http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex-contrib/
 >) you can check the documentation for their compatibility with v 0.9)

> (I recently have managed to install the yesterday's version of
> biblatex and do compile biber on my MacOSX 10.4 Tiger. Have been
> much work.)

It's good to know that you got it working, though.

Alan