[OS X TeX] Updating packages

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Feb 12 22:45:37 CET 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Theo Moore wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit puzzled when it comes to playing around with tex packages
> and distributions. A while ago, I installed the MacTeX-2009
> Distribution. However, one of the packages I use (pgfplots) has some
> very recent updates (late 2009 and early 2010) that I need.
>
> Can someone please hand-hold me through the process of updating the
> pgfplots package?
>
> Thanks!

Howdy,

What OS version are you using? If you're using one of the Leopards of different colored spots just use TeX Live Utility to update your system. The first time you use it you will probably first have to have it update tlmgr itself and then it will get a large number updates, most likely what you want being among them.

If you're using a pre-Leopard OS you'll have to use tlmgr directly. More about that only if you need the information.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)