[OS X TeX] option+I in TS 2.30

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Feb 7 02:29:07 CET 2010

On Feb 6, 2010, at 7:07 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2010, at 4:44 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> On Feb 6, 2010, at 3:18 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>>
>>> I have been using option+I as a shorthand for a mcro that prints \textit{|} but in TS 2.30 this has become a shorthand for "Show Help for Package...". Since I use \textit a lot more frequently than I look up help files for packages, is it possible to override TS's definition with my own?
>>>
>>> Themis
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I've got a macro that gives \emph{|} assigned to Cmd-I which is NOT bound in TS 2.30. That's the command that usually gives you italic on the Mac so it makes more sense.
>>
>> Also, the shortcut for ``Show Help for Package...'' is Opt-Cmd-I not Opt-I but I assume that is what you mean.
>
> Of course I could change the shortcut but that's exactly the point: should the user have to rewire his brain to accommodate a new version of the software?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Of course not... bit it was worth a try. :-)

Have you tried to set that shortcut to something else using System Preferences->Keyboard->Keyboard Shortcuts? If that works you can then set what you want to that shortcut. I can also try to build one for you without that shortcut but I sure don't want to get into the habit of doing that. If I build it you'd have to have OS X 10.5 at the least since I don't have the 10.4uSDK on my system.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)