[OS X TeX] [TeXShop] input file and master doc compilation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 4 14:36:46 CET 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 2:21 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> What Herb thinks (as I did) is that this %!TEX line is executed by TeXShop, which normally does not interpret TeX macros. Thus TeXShop should be looking for a file with the literal file name "Chapters-controls/\jobname.tex", which does not exist.
>
> In reality, by some miracle the \jobname macro *is* interpreted correctly by TeXShop. This is different from setting the project root via the "File" menu, which creates a *.texshop file containing the file name. There you cannot use \jobname.

Howdy,

Yes, you have it exactly correct. TeXShop itself must be substituting the file name (e.g., 2) for \jobname in that comment and accidentally/on purpose :-) the actual file to compile has the same name but along the path given; quite interesting. Of course if Schremmer wants to compile the whole book he must execute that root file directly. Now I'm going to have to try that!

TeXShop keeps on amazing me!

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)