[OS X TeX] problem with texdoc

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Dec 27 19:21:56 CET 2010

Am 27.12.2010 um 18:53 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> Why in this case, this folder is not inside
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local or something like that ?

Certainly because you used a non-sys command with sudo... Or maybe you
invoked texdoc from tlmgr or TLU the first time? Try to remember! The
file and its directory should have the date when it happened. And when
you're lucky you might find in system.log (either in /private/var/log
or in Console.app), versioned and highly compressed, an entry that
records which command was run with elevated privileges – at least in
Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5, I can see this behaviour (not from TLU, which
I do not use).

--
Greetings

   Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to
live!