[OS X TeX] Xelatex fontspec Texshop and command line

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Dec 20 12:51:21 CET 2010

Am 20.12.2010 um 02:59 schrieb Curiouslearn:

> I ran the command
>
>     which kpsewhich xelatex pdftex
>
> you suggested, and I got
>
>     /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-intel/bin/kpsewhich
>     /usr/texbin/xelatex
>     /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-intel/bin/pdftex
>
> I suppose I need to change the path such that /usr/texbin comes before
> anything that is ConTeXt related.
>
> Can someone please tell me how I can do that?

It depends on the shell you are using. 'man <name of this shell>' will
point you to the files and to the syntax to be used. You could also just

	grep ConTeXtMinimals ~/.*

and get a list of potential candidates for some correctional action.

You might also consider to remove these ConTeXtMinimals since TeX Live/
MacTeX comes with complete ConTeXt.

> Also, why does this same problem not arise in TeXShop?

Because TeXShop inherits only your login environment while
ConTeXtMinimals becomes part of the environment only in an interactive
shell.

--
Greetings

   Pete