[OS X TeX] Xelatex fontspec Texshop and command line

Curiouslearn curiouslearn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 22:20:17 CET 2010

Thanks very much to all who replied. I am including the last few lines
(which seem relevant) from the terminal output and the console window
of the texshop. This will probably give those who know these things a
better idea of what is happening. Thank you.

TeXSHOP Console
fontspec.cfg loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg))
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/array.sty)
(./minimal_example.aux)
*geometry* driver: auto-detecting
*geometry* detected driver: xetex
[1] (./minimal_example.aux) )
Output written on minimal_example.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on minimal_example.log.

TERMINAL Console
fontspec.cfg loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg))
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/array.sty)
No file minimal_example.aux.
*geometry* driver: auto-detecting
*geometry* detected driver: xetex
[1] (./minimal_example.aux)
** WARNING ** Could not locate a virtual/physical font for TFM "cmr12".
** WARNING ** >> There are no valid font mapping entry for this font.
** WARNING ** >> Font file name "cmr12" was assumed but failed to
locate that font.
** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without .vf or "physical" font for PDF output...

Output file removed.
 )
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file minimal_example.pdf may not be valid.
Transcript written on minimal_example.log.

Thanks for your time and help.