[OS X TeX] Russian characters contained in included .pdf do not appear in compiled document

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sun Dec 19 18:28:27 CET 2010

On Dec 19, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Manuel wrote:

> On 19/12/2010, at 12:47, Claus Gerhardt wrote:
>
>> Try to save the pdf 2010 in Preview first, or, if this doesn't
>> help, by applying the Quartz Filter "... create generic PDFX-3
>> document" in addition. This will include all necessary fonts
>> information in the pdf file.
>>
>> Claus
>>

> Claus, I just did as you suggested (I tried it twice), but - no
> cigar. The original displays the cyrillic characters but the
> numerated pages for some reason exclude them.

Is it possible that the cyrillic characters were added as PDF
annotations in some way (i.e. themselves added to an existing pdf
document?)  pdfpages strips out certain kinds of annotations that can
be added by Acrobat.  If the text could have been added that way, that
might explain why it doesn't appear.

(Unfortunately there would be no solution to this, if that is indeed
the case.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn