[OS X TeX] Command completion/macros and indenting in TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 14 21:34:58 CET 2010

On Dec 14, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> Hi
>
> A question that arose on c.t.t. about command completion  AlphaX raises the following question about how TeXShop deals with command completion and macros:
>
> If I tab out one tab stop and then do a multiline command completion or macro, nothing but the first line of the inserted material respects the tab stop.  E.g.
>
> Typing:
>
> TAB \bi ESC
>
> results in
>
> 	\begin{itemize}•
> \item
>> \end{itemize}
>
> instead of
> 	\begin{itemize}•
> 	\item
>> 	\end{itemize}•
>
> Is there any way to get this behaviour in TeXShop?  It would be quite useful.
>
> Alan

Howdy,

Sorry, not at this time. The easiest thing to do is select the complete environment before or after filling it in and then using TeXShop's Source->Indent (Cmd-], at least with English localization) to indent everything. Note that since TeXshop uses soft wrapping a paragraph that starts off indented will not have its second line indented when it wraps since no real newline is inserted at that point.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)