[OS X TeX] On the %!TEX ... codes (was Re: Latexian 1.0 Released)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 9 17:46:53 CET 2010

Am 09.12.2010 um 17:04 schrieb Josep Maria Font:

> Finally, it would be helpful to explain the interaction between the
>
> % !TEX encoding = IsoLatin
>
> mechanism and usage of
>
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
>
> and similar options. I think this package has to be called so that
> typing á in your source file renders á in the typeset; without it,
> even if you have % !TEX encoding = IsoLatin, the á will be
> understood but not typeset. Am I right ?

Yes. The TeXShop related line (in reality, outside of TeXShop, ten ISO
Latin encodings exist) does not motivate LaTeX to assume an 8-bit
input encoding.

--
Greetings

   Pete