[OS X TeX] Who is using biblatex?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Dec 1 06:42:49 CET 2010

On 30.11.2010, at 22:10, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> On 1/12/2010, at 8:55 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

>>> Yes, I have perl 5.8.8 so no problem there. The build successfully installed the necessary CPAN dependencies (which is nice) but reports that it ``Can't locate IPC/Cmd.pm in @INC''. Installing that perl reports two more dependencies not met. ...
>>
>> That means IPC::Cmd is missing. A 'sudo cpan IPC::Cmd' should fix this.
>>

> Failed 24/26 test programs. 8/14 subtests failed.
>
> **sigh** Followed by ``Can't locate Log/Log4perl.pm in @INC''
>
> Which will no doubt be followed by something else.
>
> Also ran install Bundle::CPAN.
>
> Time is against me. I will stick with bibtex or bibtex8 until I have head space. Thanks however. At least I have a starting point for the future.

This can be fixed with 'sudo cpan Log::Log4perl'. In general: Cpan has a search engine (http://search.cpan.org/ ), and if an error like the above pops up just search for what perl can't locate. It normally takes very little time to find out what module is actually missing.

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully.“ George W. Bush