[OS X TeX] Cocoaspell does not know common words

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Aug 29 00:34:39 CEST 2010

On Aug 27, 2010, at 8:53 PM, Arthur Snoke wrote:

> Inspired by this exchange and  not having updated my spelling packages since pgrading to SnowLeopard, I just installed cocoAspell.  Previoiusly I had Aspell, installed in August 2009.
>
> I see that in /library/Application Support I have
>
> Nov  2  2009 Aspell/
>
> and
>
> Aug 27 21:05 cocoAspell/
>
> Should I erase the Aspell directory?
>
> (I do not understand the reltionship between Aspell and CocoAspell.)

Howdy,

Don't think you need to do anything with that dictionary. It appears that the the dictionaries used with CocoAspell are in /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell.

If CocoAspell is working I'd stay away making changes that aren't needed.

Just looked at the CocoAspell.pkg and it installs aspell, etc., in /usr/local/bin as well as other files in /usr/local/etc, .../include, .../lib and .../share plus other files in /Library/Application Support and /Library/PreferencePanes.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)