[OS X TeX] unable to use makebst

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Tue Aug 24 21:11:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

I need to create a new bst file and it has been a while since I used makebst. But do I have a hard time just launching it.

When typing "latex makebst" in terminal, I get
-bash: latex: command not found

I read the FAQ on <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2009/faq/>, in particular items QM.09 and QM.10.

My installation is TeXLive 2009 from MacTeX, so according to QM.09 it should have worked.

Just in case, I followed the instructions in QM.10 for when TeXLive 2008 is installed but the computer is then upgraded to Snow Leopard. To no avail.

I reinstalled TeXLive 2009 from a fresh copy of MacTeX, but I still get the same message from Terminal, even though LaTeX works fine under TeXShop.

Can you suggest a way out?

Thanks in advance,

Denis Chabot