[OS X TeX] latexsym, amssymb, amsfonts [from: The microtype mistery]

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Mon Aug 23 21:24:26 CEST 2010

Thanks to JM Font for elucidating the latexsym issue.

And thanks to all who posted about the microtype mystery. Although I have been a LaTeX and TeXShop user for quite some time, I was unaware of the existence of the microtype package. Thanks to the thread, I now use microtype, which I find produces much better-looking text in addition to shortening the document, the latter not being critical for me at this point.

Again, thanks to all. I learned a lot.

Raul Martinez