[OS X TeX] How to make locate/spotlight search ~/Library/texmf

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 12 01:06:14 CEST 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2010, at 22:32, Michael Sharpe wrote:
>
>> on run {input, parameters}
>> 	set dq to ASCII character 34
>> 	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ASCII character 10
>> 	set dat to input as text
>> 	tell application "Terminal"
>> 		activate
>>               delay 1
>> 		do script ("echo " & dq & dat & dq) in window 1
>> 	end tell
>
> (*One should always restore the text item delimiters to its default value, otherwise unexpected errors are possible, hence add*)
>
> set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ""
>
>> end run

I uploaded a revised copy of the Automator service to

http://math.ucsd.edu/~msharpe/FindContent.dmg

The enclosed readme provides the simple installation instructions. I made a number of revisions including the one pointed out by Claus, plus others that ensure there is a Terminal window open before attempting to write to it.

Michael