[OS X TeX] latex+unicode

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Aug 8 12:14:33 CEST 2010

Am 08.08.2010 um 09:38 schrieb Serdar Akin:

> I',m trying to write a document in TexShop 2.36 in Swedish language
> and
> cannot convert words to a pdf-file containing the characters "åäö".

The three characters can be found in the ISO 8859-1 and ISO 8859-15 or
ISO Latin-1 and ISO Latin-9 8-bit encodings, which LaTeX easily
supports:

	%%!TEX TS-program=latex
	%%!TEX encoding=ISO8859-15	% could be the value is not TeXShop syntax
	\documentclass{minimal}
	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
	%\usepackage{textcomp}
	\begin{document}
	åäö-ÅÄÖ
	\end{document}

	%%% Local Variables:
	%%% mode: latex
	%%% TeX-master: t
	%%% fill-column: 99999
	%%% coding: iso-latin-9
	%%% End:

For Unicode and LaTeX you'll need some more effort.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The next generation of interesting software will be done on the
Macintosh, not the IBM PC.
				– Bill Gates, Nov 1984