[OS X TeX] Accessing TeX Live fonts from XeTeX

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Aug 7 20:07:37 CEST 2010

Le 07/08/2010 18:54, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
> Did you simply try to use the fonts out of the box? Don't remember if that
> works or not.

I sure did, sorry for not mentioning it in the first place.

By the way, I was quite surprised to see it didn't work: I expected everything
to Just Work© OOTB® in the Mac OS X world ;-)

> If that doesn't work create add the fonts to the font library in Font Book.
> Open the Font Book application. For convenience create a File->New Library
> (Opt-Cmd-N), give it a name and have it selected. Then File->Add Fonts… and
> then (here's the trick) use the Go To Folder… command shortcut (Shift-Cmd-G)
> which will open up a dialog box to put in the path to the font folder. Enter
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype and press return. Select
> the public folder and press Open. That should put all the folders with fonts
> into the font library. (If it doesn't you have to enter the public folder and
> select all the individual font folders and press Open.)

Ok, it works like a charm, and solves all the problems (file duplication,
update): it's exactly what I was looking for. I would indeed have had a hard
time finding the Shift-Cmd-G trick alone, thanks for your detailed explanation.

> Hope this helps.

It does :-)

Thanks,
Manuel.