Finding the Wiki (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:01:56 CEST 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 06.08.2010 um 18:20 schrieb <cfrees at imapmail.org>
> <cfrees at imapmail.org>:
>
>> For example, they'd need to be sorted at least in terms of where they
>> belong (package file? preamble? main document? bibtex file?); the
>> engine(s) and/or format(s) they need; and purpose. Maybe also by
>> package used, at least for major packages. More?
>

> *Commented* source, even heavily commented source. TeX isn't COBOL
> or Elisp and only vaguely British. And it needs different
> indentation (for me it's really hard to see a connection to TeX in
> the examples,

For me it was a soft way to learn the LaTeX syntax.

> the many backslashes could also belong into an MS-DOS BATch file).

Never seen any such file. You mean I could just take those backlashes
away? (That is a joke.)

> And when the code is taken from other persons we need their OK for
> (re-)publication. And that of the publications which made them
> public first. (Well, in China we wouldn't take care of IP, the
> intellectual property.)
>
> The author should be mentioned,

I did with one exception.

> the purpose of the code,

I agree

> where it was used, the date of its creation, the date of possible
> first publication and where.

How about my own birthdate and the color of my great aunt's eyes?
(Another joke: I don't even know if I had a great aunt.)

> It's probably best to organise the snippets in an SQL database
> which should also offer a text search inside the code examples.

Surely true but then that exceeds my moribund abilities (That is no
joke.)

Regards
--schremmer