Finding the Wiki (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter)

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Aug 5 22:02:30 CEST 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 3:32 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Gerrit Glabbart wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>
> If everything on the web had to have a date prominently displayed it would be better.

The wiki history shows dates on it (although it's not as full-frontal as I think you'd desire). If it becomes the customary first place to go it will be maintained and up to date (or very nearly so) at all times so dates shouldn't be necessary.

It really ought to be a shared environment but the logs show differently. It has a significant number of readers, but very few contributors. I'm at a loss as to why. I support cfr's contention that in the long run, pointing people to the wiki will focus the emails on questions and solutions that are challenging and unavailable and reduce the traffic. Reduced traffic would help keep our very most valuable members (the ones with the most hard-to-find answers) interested and participatory.