[OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Aug 4 23:11:12 CEST 2010

On Aug 4, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> And this to create HTML output:
>>
>> 	#!/bin/tcsh -f
>> 	set path=($path <path to executables of your TeX distribution> <path to where latex2html was installed>)
>> 	latex2html "$1"
>
> I, of course, could not.
>
> But, if that is all there is to it, why is isn't it already there?

Maybe because latex2html and latex2rtf aren't part of TeX Live or MacTeX.

> Criminal negligence?

Was this necessary?

http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried

http://mikeash.com/getting_answers.html

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

> Also, since I have no idea what the above means, could you give as an example the complete engine which is in your own TeXShop?

Do you actually need this?  Have you tried using Google and TeXShop's help?  Have you looked at the engine scripts that are shipped with TeXShop?

http://ftp2.pl.freebsd.org/pub/TeX/TeXShop/texshop%202.26/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/TeXShopHelp/pgs/advanced_addengine.htm