[OS X TeX] Help hyperref causing errors

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 26 02:00:26 CEST 2010

On Apr 25, 2010, at 6:45 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> I just started working on a new edition of a book I wrote a few years
> ago, and decided it would be nice to use the hyperref package during
> the update.  But, when I use the hyperref package I get strange errors
> like this one:
>
> ERROR: Undefined control sequence.
>
> --- TeX said ---
> <argument> ...otect \edef n{sc}\protect \xdef \OT
>                                                  1/cmr/bx/n/10 {\OT 1/cmtt/...
> l.50 ...to look at. First, on line \ref{recsum:bc}
>                                                   we are checking to see if...
>
> Any hints on where I can start to track this down?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

Howdy,

Could you supply a minimal but compilable file that shows this behavior? The problem is that the errors could come from many causes (even a simple one like not having the hyperref package at the end of the list of loaded packages) so we need to see what you are doing.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)