[OS X TeX] editing texmf.cnf

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:37:00 CEST 2010

On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:31 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 23.04.2010 um 16:27 schrieb Margarida Mello:
>
>> Alas, the system does not allow me to edit this file. Any ideas?
>

> This file belongs to the system. In case you are member of the admin group (can be set in System Preferences) you can invoke in Terminal:
>
> 	sudo nano /some/path/to/texlive/2008/texmf.cnf <RETURN>
>
> You'll see some key bindings at the bottom...

If you're not comfortable with the command line, you can also do this: go to the folder holding texmf.cnf in the Finder. (This may require use of the "Go to Folder..." menu item.) Copy texmf.cnf to the desktop (option-drag). Then open it in TextEdit and edit it. Drag it back to the original folder. You should get a dialog asking you to authenticate.

Chris