[OS X TeX] Bibdesk and the Symbols

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Wed Apr 21 23:30:54 CEST 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 21.04.2010 um 17:58 schrieb Sr Sur:
>
>> Except that bibtex is not Unicode aware, so advising people to put
>> unicode
>> characters in their bibtex files isn't actually the best idea.
>

> Is
>
>> Either this or U+212B, Å, which is not really distinct from Ã
>> at U+00C5.
>
> an advice? Or is it a hint of the fact that there are a text
> character and the symbol of an unit of measurement? (Which is well
> solved in ConTeXt, oriented on PDF internals.) Or is it a hint of
> the fancyunits package? (Which itself points to the textcomp
> package.) At least it's as ambiguous as text character and unit.

Well, that's what we linguists call 'pragmatics'!  In the context of
the discussion it could easily be taken as advice, whether you
intended it as such or not.

> I wouldn't mind being put into a kill file.

I certainly wouldn't do that.  Your posts are both informative and
entertaining. (Independent of the quotes in your signature.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com