[OS X TeX] Bibdesk and the Symbols

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Wed Apr 21 09:53:45 CEST 2010

El dia 21/04/2010, a les 00:13, Sr Sur va escriure:

> Any way, I found a way to put it without problems \r{A}...
> I Think that is a correct symbol to the Angstrom unit, don't you
> think?

Right solution if you were wanting the physical unit. However, as a
more general warning, it may be useful to know that BibTeX (the
program that makes the bibliography, with data either from BibDesk or
from your personal data-base) will convert uppercase letters in the
title fields to lowercase, unless they are surrounded by braces. So,
{\AA} would have most probably worked as well. This applies, for
instance, to person names appearing in the title of a paper, etc.

Best,

JMaF