[OS X TeX] Re: texdoc

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Apr 18 21:52:26 CEST 2010

On Apr 18, 2010, at 12:42 PM, David Messerschmitt wrote:

>> If you use the standard TeX Live UNIX installer, it won't set your path.  MacTeX will set your path, but upgrading the operating system after installing MacTeX will reset it.
>>

> So the important message for those not wishing to mess with these things is to reinstall MacTeX after upgrading the OS.

That's certainly the simplest way.  However, it'll also wipe out any updates you've done with tlmgr, so it can take quite a bit of bandwidth to get back where you started.

> I also have a relevant feature request for TeXshop. Since texdoc seems quite useful, could we have it available from the TeXshop help menu?

Herb's message indicates that it already is.  I'll note that TeX Live Utility gives you access to texdoc results via the Info button, along with other information about a package.  This only works for packages managed by tlmgr.

--
Adam