[OS X TeX] question regarding KOMA script

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at me.com
Fri Apr 16 21:34:02 CEST 2010

Morning.

This is a minimal example (minex):

===== 8>< =====
\documentclass{scrlttr2}
%%----------------------------------------------------------------
\KOMAoptions{twoside=semi}% <= Alternative 1
%%----------------------------------------------------------------
\usepackage{scrpage2}
\pagestyle{scrheadings}
  \lohead{\today{}}
  \rohead{Friedrich Vosberg}
  \lehead{\today{}}
  \rehead{Friedrich Vosberg}
%%----------------------------------------------------------------
%\KOMAoptions{twoside=semi}% <= Alternative 2
%%----------------------------------------------------------------
\begin{document}
\begin{letter}{Max}
\opening{Hallo Max}
ein Text
\par
\pagebreak
mehr Text\par
\pagebreak
noch mehr Text
\closing{Ciao}
\end{letter}
\begin{letter}{Moritz}
\opening{Hallo Moritz}
Text
\closing{Ciao}
\end{letter}
\end{document}
===== ><8 =====

If in this minex the line

  \KOMAoptions{twoside=semi}

is given *before* the section

  \usepackage{scr}...

everything works fine.

But if

  \KOMAoptions{twoside=semi}

is given after the section

  \usepackage{scr}...

all odd pages are typeset empty. That's not what I want.

In »real life« the definitions for the page layout are given in a lco file loaded at the begin of the TEX file

  \documentclass[myletterclass]{scrlttr}

but the package that contains the option twoside=semi I do need only occasionally and therefore it is invoked later in the preamble by \usepackage{mypackage}. Therefore I do need a way to safeguard the definitions given in myletterclass regardless of whether mypackage is invoked or not.

How can this be achieved?

Kind regards, Friedrich
--
»Die Naturwissenschaft braucht der Mensch zum Erkennen, den Glauben zum Handeln.« (Max Planck)