[OS X TeX] TeXShop Error Message

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:04:14 CEST 2010

Dear list,

On one of my Macs (an iMac running under OSX 10.5.8), on opening
TeXShop, always the following error message pops up:
"failed to parse ~/Library?TeXShop/Macros/Macros_??.plist file".
There is no such file anywhere on my HD. In ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros
there is only /Macros_Context.plist.
Eventually the .tex file will be processed, but only after clicking
away the stubborn error message a number of times. So it seems to be
innocent but very annoying.
Does anybody know what can be done about it. It happens with TeXShop
2.29 and 2.26. And with TeXLive 2009 as well as 2008 and 2007.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone