[OS X TeX] Optimal Solution for an asymptotemk engine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Apr 13 14:42:26 CEST 2010

Am 13.04.2010 um 13:27 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> I have now a Fink package for asymptote 1.92 that builds both on
> 10.5 and 10.6.
>
> On 10.5, it did not build, because asymptote-1.92, contrary to 1.91,
> includes <tr1/unordered_map>. The version of this that comes from c+
> +-4.0.1 is apparently either incompatible with gc or just broken. It
> spits out long and incomprehensible error messages of the type

Martin,

when you're talking about the Leopards (only), then it would be OK to
use GCC 4.2 – I only used these, with or without LLVM, and had no
problems with tr1/unordered_map... (when LLVM-GCC optimises the code
it produces, it produces failures in util.cc and settings.cc) GCC 4.2
comes with Mac OS X 10.5, and it's widely used in MacPorts to compile
X11R7. (Isn't GCC 4.0 now older than have a decade?)

--
Greetings

   Pete

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
				– Florynce Kennedy