[OS X TeX] Optimal Solution for an asymptotemk engine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 11 00:09:35 CEST 2010

Am 10.04.2010 um 22:35 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> 1.91 since yesterday. It built without any problem, but I haven't
> really tested it.

The first test is 'make install' ... I am now at this phase (and in
this state it invokes pdftex which seems to be my default from TL '08,
which of course always crashes – need to update my ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist for next try). Compiled with GCC-4.2 on PPC Leopard.
I'll try once more with LLVM-GCC-4.2!

Well, actually it's the "binary image" of /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/
universal-darwin/latex which crashes while compiling the
documentation. 50 or 60 crashes have happened until now and my start
volume is getting overcrowded with core files!

To Herb:

Dick Koch compiled asy with Boehm Garbage Collector, gc, which is
compiled automatically once the configure script finds the gc-7.1
source archive in asy's source directory, GNU Scientific Library, gsl,
and readline support. I'll install Fink's libsigsegv2 (libsigsegv-2.6)
to recompile asy with its support. I've seen already that some files
were installed into TL '09! The configure found latex, pdftex, and
context before. In presumingly 20 hours I might be able to give you
some hints configuration and successful installation.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.