[OS X TeX] Optimal Solution for an asymptotemk engine

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 10 14:34:52 CEST 2010

On Apr 10, 2010, at 1:24 AM, Jean-Claude DE SOZA wrote:

> Bonjour Herbert,
>
> I appreciated your hard work. Thank you for all.
> There is a problem with Asymptote. Going in the Console, I noticed many crashes of kpsewhich and pdftex each time Asymptote runs. Have you the same problems?
>
> Cordialement
> Jean-Claude DE SOZA

Howdy,

I haven't seen this happen. Did the compile complete? Can you view the final pdf? Are you seeing this happen with the asy and asymptote package that comes with MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009 or did you install an update? If you installed an update where did you install it? What does

which asy

return? When are the error messages produced; during the asy run or during a pdflatex run, etc? Could you copy the Console output and put it in a file so we can take a look at it? (In TeXShop you first have to click in the console output window and do a Select All (Cmd-A) and a Copy (Cmd-C).) Finally, what do you see if you run pdflatex and asy in Terminal?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)