[OS X TeX] Can someone please test this?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 9 14:09:55 CEST 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 1:19 AM, Jean-Claude DE SOZA wrote:

> Bonjour Herbert,
>
> With the last asym engine corrected with Peter, all is fine now.
> Cordialement
> Jean-Claude DE SOZA

Howdy,

Well, I made changes so hard and fast yesterday that I'm not sure which version you are talking about any more. Could you attach the file(s) that seem to be working for you here?

With the sample file I got (I added some bibliography and cross-references to make sure latexmk was doing its job) latexmk was going into an infinite loop (infinity=6 for latexmk). I believe that was because each time through the figure files (foo-n.pdf) came out with a different md5 sum. Although the output was correct in the end latexmk should only execute enough times to get the job done and, because asy takes a long time to complete, this takes way too much time.

The final version of the engine that I attached blindly runs pdflatex and asy and then uses latexmk to make the final run(s) through pdflatex. It no longer uses the asymkrc file. I'm not satisfied with its behavior and John Collins, the latexmk maintainer, is also looking at my results.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)