[OS X TeX] ANN: DeTeXor 2.4 and 4 other droplets

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Tue Apr 6 12:18:54 CEST 2010

Aloha,

I quashed a major bug in DeTeXor (it did not save the more than one item in
the list of custom suffixes).

I also posted four other droplets on my website that are wrappers for
command line utilities I, occasionally,  find useful when working with
LaTeX.

1. DeTeXor 2.4
A user configurable droplet that finds and cleans the garbage that is the
byproduct of compiling a TeX file.
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/DeTeXor%202.4.zip>

2. Drop Check LaTeX Begin-End Pairs 1.0
A droplet that runs the Check LaTeX Begin-End Pairs command line program on
all the TeX files dropped on it. It can be very useful if you cannot find a
missing parenthesis. You can find a nicer TeXShop macro version in the site.
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/Check%20LaTeX%20Begin-End%20Pairs.zip>

3. Drop Changebar 1.0
A droplet that runs the command line program chbar.sh (included with the
changebar package, used to "add changebars to a LaTeX document") on a pair
of LaTeX files dropped on it. Inspired on Herb Schultz's droplatexdiff (IMHO
the output of latexdiff is always nicer, but I can't get it to produce
correct LaTeX code half the time, whereas changebar seems to work every time
I have used it).
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/Drop%20Changebar.zip>

4. Mark Section TeX 1.0
A droplet that runs Blake Hannaford's perl script sectex.pl, which inserts
comments into your latex source indicating figure and section numbers by
each figure and section of the LaTeX files dropped on it.
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/sectex.zip>

5. Drop Canonify Labels 1.0
A droplet that runs Georg Lang's perl script canonify_labels.pl (the
original site is unavailable; but archive.org has a copy). The original site
described it as "a perl script to update and canonify the labels of your
latex document, changing all reference commands accordingly."
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/Drop%20Canonify%20Labels.zip>

Enjoy!

Ramón

P.S.: If you find them useful and feel like writing me a note go ahead, it
gets lonely being the only Graph Theorist on the Big Island of Hawaii :)