[OS X TeX] MLA-style Template

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 2 16:13:33 CEST 2010

On 2 Apr 2010, at 6:25 AM, Paulo Ferreira wrote:

> On 2010/04/02, at 05:22, David Messerschmitt wrote:
>

>>> While we are on this topic...has anyone had any luck with JabRef? So far as I can tell, it will *delete* all nonstandard BibTeX fields, which is crazy. I've been looking for something that Windows collaborators can use (we don't have RefWorks or the like) to edit a BibTeX database, but I haven't found anything. What do windows people do?
>>>

>> RefWorks is perfect for collaboration, across institutions, platforms, etc. Everybody can have RefWorks if each person is willing to shell out 100 USD for an individual subscription. Using a text editor to search through 1000's of entries sounds awful.
>>
>> -dgm
>

> What about Zotero?       ( at www.zotero.org )?
>
> I can import and export Bibtex files, and can be used online in the new version...
>
> And as a Firefox plugin, can be used in Windows, OSX and others.
>

> My regards
>
> Paulo Ferreira

	I feel obligated (since no one else has that I can recall) to mention BibDesk. Open-source, uses Bibtex, Mac-native, developers are on this list, and so forth. Has most of the features you'd want from Endnote or other reference managers. Or did I miss something about why BD wouldn't work?

-N
Nathan A. Paxton, Ph.D.
Lecturer
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
        -Coco Chanel