[OS X TeX] htlatex/gs trouble

Jan Hegewald hegewald at irmb.tu-bs.de
Mon Sep 28 10:59:20 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Am 25.09.2009 um 17:19 schrieb Jan Hegewald:

> Am 25.09.2009 um 16:46 schrieb Peter Dyballa:
>

>> Am 25.09.2009 um 14:56 schrieb Jan Hegewald:
>>
>>> Any other suggestions?
>>
>> Not without some more details of what you want to achieve! Can't
>> you convert the PS image(s) to PDF (throwing them on TeX Shop, for
>> example)? Maybe the conversion PDF->PNG works better (htlatex needs
>> to convert the images to a format which is supported by dvips and
>> HTML). Or JPEG?
>
> I am no expert with htlatex. I just call htlatex myfile.tex in bash.
> I will try to run the intermediate steps by hand to see what is
> going wrong. But this will have to wait until Monday...

There were two problems with my htlatex run:
- htlatex does not seem to recognize \graphicspath, which is very
annoying. If anyone knows a good manual for htlatex/tex4ht or a
solution for this path settings, please tell me (-:
- if there are multipme formats of a graphic file (e.g. pdf and jpg),
htlatex tries to include the pdf in the dvi.
If I convert all my graphics to jpg, remove all files in other
formats, put alle these files in the same dir where the .tex file
lives, point graphicspath to ., then the htlatex run does finish
without errors.

Cheers,
-- Jan