[OS X TeX] Mac Pointers and Images

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Thu Sep 10 06:05:37 CEST 2009

Hi. After reading through suggestions here, I'm using Beamer. I'm pretty
happy. Anyway, some of my lecture notes are virtually the same between two
classes. I'm finding myself copying the graphics. (Just a quick thing for
the moment.) I do like having the files all in the same folder so I can view
them together from the Finder, but I'd like the memory savings provided by
referencing the same image. I was wondering if it's OK to dump all my images
elsewhere and just put pointers/aliases (Am I incorrect that "alias" is
Apple's term for a pointer?) in the folders where I want to see things. That
would give me my happy medium. Will those aliases, if they have the same
names as the images, create problems for LaTeX? I'm using

\usepackage{graphicx}
\includegraphics[width=48mm,keepaspectratio=true]{AlbinoSquirrel2.eps}

and compiling everything using LaTeX with TeX + Ghostscript as my default
script.

Thanks,
Chris