[OS X TeX] Snow Leopard and locator

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Wed Sep 9 04:26:28 CEST 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 7:17 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2009, at 9:06 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
>
>> On Sep 6, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:
>>
>>> I couldn't see how to make Find search for system files in Snow
>>> Leopard,
>>
>> Start a search in the find field in a finder window or start a
>> spotlight search
>>
>> Click on the "+" sign next to the search field
>>
>> Under "Kind" under the search field in the finder window choose
>> "system files"
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> Is this what you are looking for?
>>

> Howdy,
>
> That is not one of the default choices under Kind. To make it appear
> on the list click on Kind and choose Other... which will give you a
> long list of choices. Scroll down to System Files and check the box
> on the right side by that name. Now System Files will appear on the
> default Kind list.

I forgot about this stage---I remember turning that feature on now
that you mention it, probably from a suggestion someone on this very
list made.

> Now... does anyone know how to lock it on so I don't have to choose
> System Files and Include each time I do a Find.

I was able to save the search . . . but I think you are thinking you
want the default to include System Files as well as everything else.
It is annoying that they're not.

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
agoldstein at iona.edu
a.m.goldstein at mac.com