[OS X TeX] Switching between TeXShop and BibDesk

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Fri Sep 4 20:05:28 CEST 2009

Let me know if it actually works or not; I haven't looked at the code for
that in a long time :).  Note that BibDesk essentially does the following:

1) combines authors/editors, title, citekey, and keywords in a single string
2) does a case-insensitive substring match on that entire string

So you can search on an individual component (e.g., title, or a single
keyword), but not on a combination.  BibDesk publishes a Service that is
capable of more complicated searches, but it's not as convenient:

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/manual/BibDesk%20Help_55.html