[OS X TeX] texhash has stopped working -help!

Rowland McDonnell rjmmnet-lists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 09:28:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've got MacTeX 2008 installed - having used the MacTeX
installer normally (3.06GHz Core2Duo iMac, MacOS X 10.6.1).

I've just added a package manually.

I tried to run texhash, which I've run before.   It used to do
as expected, but it's stopped working.  This is what I was told:

Harry:~ rowland$ texhash
-bash: texhash: command not found
Harry:~ rowland$ mktexlsr
-bash: mktexlsr: command not found
Harry:~ rowland$

Clearly, some path is not correctly set - but what, and where,
how do I fix it, and to whom should I report this problem with MacTeX?

I am currently using only the standard set of directories.

Cheers,
Rowland.