[OS X TeX] Texworks

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 13 16:13:23 CEST 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 8:35 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Hi
>

> A friend uses texworks (the last version) and texworks don't find ~/
> library/texmf.
>
> I give a try myself and the first step was good.
>
> I move texworks outside of TEX folder and now texworks don't find my
> texmf.
>
> I try again with texworks in the TEX folder but the same mistake
> appears.
>
> I delete the prefs, I remove texworks, I install texworks with the
> new version
> and the problem is the same
>
> What is the problem ?
>
> Remarks : 1 ) no problem with the same file and texshop or textmate
> 2) I try with a new file and the same code in another folder and
> texworks
> works again but after a new try with the first file,  the same
> problem appears !
>
> Thanks and sorry for my bad english
>
> Best Regards
>
> Alain Matthes

Howdy,

Another case where I don't observe this problem. Finding ~/Library/
texmf/ has nothing to do with TeXworks (or any other editor) but is
built into the search path for the TeX distribution. If it works from
the command line or from TeXShop is should work fine from TeXworks.
What do you have set as the path list for TeXworks (TeXworks-
 >Preferences->Typesetting->Paths for TeX and related programs? What
engine (processing tool in TeXworks) are you using? What package are
you trying to access and where is it stored in the ~/Library/texmf/
tree?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)