[OS X TeX] Per-folder project root

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Mon Oct 12 19:13:05 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Is there a way to set a project root folder for an entire folder? I
> usually organize my lecture notes with a single tex file (Notes.tex)
> that inputs separate files for each lecture. It's a pain to make a
> separate project root file for each day's tex file. It would be great
> if there were a way to tell TeXShop to typeset any tex file in that
> directory using the same project root file.
>
> (I actually do this now using a custom engine, but I think the above
> solution would be better.)
>
> Chris

It sounds like you are setting the project root using texshops' menu
(File/Set Project Root...). I use instead this line at the top of my
source file:

%!TEX root = ../../hw-folder/hw-all.tex

I prefer this approach because  I can easily copy it from one file to
the next, and I can create a file template that includes the root.

Themis