[OS X TeX] texshop and preview

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 9 16:44:56 CEST 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Doris Wagner wrote:

> hi list,
>
> is it possible to configure TeXShop not to use preview but -- for
> example -- acrobat reader? if so, how?
>
> tia
> doris

Howdy,

TeXShop doesn't use Preview to display the pdf but it's own pdf
display which uses the same PDFKit framework as Preview. As far as I
know it can't directly use any other external pdf display application.
You could write a macro that will open up the pdf in Acrobat Reader.

By the way, is there a missing option from the internal previewer that
you need?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)