[OS X TeX] Snow Leopard and missing dvipdf

Richard Jones R.E.Jones at kent.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 11:05:45 CEST 2009

After upgrading to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro, I installed
MacTex-2008 (20 March 2009). All installed fine except that dvipdf is
"missing" from /usr/texbin. I was previously running tetex installed
by MacPorts (though I have run TexShop in the past).

Unpacking all the symlinks,...
/usr/texbin is a link to ../Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/
Contents/Programs/i386
.DefaultTeX/Contents points to TeXLive-2008.texdist/Contents
Programs/i386 points to /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin

/usr/texbin contains the following versions of dvipdf: dvipdfm
dvipdfmx dvipdft

On the other hand, /Library/TeX/Distributions/MacPorts-teTeX.texdist/
Contents/Programs/i386/ contains: dvipdf   dvipdfm  dvipdft.

Current workaround is to use texlive to typeset and the MacPorts
dvipdf to display (texlive's dvipdfm doesn't include my eps figures,
dvipdfmx includes the figures but doesn't give me an outline in
Preview). But this configuration seems wrong.

Richard