[OS X TeX] funny behaviour of texshop help window

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 4 15:42:18 CEST 2009

On Oct 4, 2009, at 8:35 AM, Doris Wagner wrote:

> hi list,
>
> on my mac, when I open texshop help and apply cmd+ (for a larger
> font), the help window displays in a larger font as wanted; but when
> I apply cmd- for decreasing the font again, nothing happens (if
> there is no other window open) or the font of the preview or editor
> becomes smaller;

Howdy,

What's a bit strange about that is that the font in the Help Panel
changes size at all! I tried it with the Help Panel from Mail and the
font in the underlying Mail window changed size, not the Help Panel.

> in addition, if I change from TeXShop to another application, the
> TeXShop Help Window remains in front of (that is: still overlaps)
> the window of the other app.
>
> ???
> can anyone explain to me this funny behaviour?
>
> tia
> doris

This seems to be standard behavior of the Apple Help Panel; try it in
Mail.zpp.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)