[OS X TeX] Staggered vs stacked: TeXShop feature request?

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Fri Oct 2 21:00:23 CEST 2009

On 10/02/09 10:48, "Louis Talman" <talmanl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> 1) I was pretty sure it was not called "staggering" but then who
>> reads the documentation?
>
> If I wanted to read documentation, I'd buy a Windoze box.

To be clear, this is the documentation I referred to:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/Reference/Applica
tionKit/Classes/NSWindowController_Class/Reference/Reference.html

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/Reference/Applica
tionKit/Classes/NSWindowController_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_re
f/occ/instm/NSWindowController/setShouldCascadeWindows:

I wouldn't expect most people to read that :), but I've dealt with it in the
past...Apple's window cascading can be tricky to work with.  Herb had a good
point about dealing with source/preview windows, so maybe TeXShop explicitly
disables it.