[OS X TeX] command completion in TeXshop and Texworks

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 26 14:44:36 CET 2009

On Nov 25, 2009, at 11:18 PM, Per Ting wrote:

> I like the command completion of Texworks that cycles through all possible
> commands by hitting Tab. Is it possible to have this feature in Texshop? (I
> am using MacTex 2009)
>
> Thanks

Howdy,

Since TeXworks is modelled on TeXShop the idea came from TeXShop (it uses the Escape (esc) key instead of the Tab key which is standard on a Mac). The completion list supplied with TeXShop is minimal but you can  get a much more complete list (the one that TeXworks uses) along with a couple of Applescript Macros, to be placed in the Macro Menu using the built-in Macro Editor, as CommandCompletion.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com.herbs2>.

If you are on an Intel system, are using OS X 10.5 or 10.6 and are using the English localization you can download TeXShop2.28(HS)(Lite).zip to get a personal version of TeXShop that has extended versions of the macros as built-in commands that allows for comments in the arguments of commands. You can get it from the same site as given above. Some documentation comes packaged with that version.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)