[OS X TeX] Updated DropPgn2Ltx and DropTeXcount Dropscripts

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 24 20:16:17 CET 2009

Howdy,

I just updated two of my Dropscripts to make them Universal and fix some minor bugs. They are now created using Platypus, which creates Universal applications, instead of the ancient DropScript which is PPC only and thus needed Rosetta to run on Intel systems.

DropPgn2Ltx:

This dropscript si used to convert Portable Game Notation chess files into LaTeX compilable form using the skak package and the skaknew type1 fonts (part of MacTeX-2008 and later).

Not only is the updated dropscript created using Platypus the internal pgn2ltx binary is also Universal. I've also updated the internal files that are placed in ~/Library/Application Support/DropPgn2Ltx/ on first run (but only if thye don't already exist in that location).

I've also included a version of the skak package with a small bug fix that will eventually(?) make it into an updated version of that package. You can place this in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/skak/.

DropTeXcount:

I've made these dropscripts Universal using Platypus. The internal texcount script is in perl so there is no change needed there. I also fixed a small bug that in the internal wrapper shell scripts when dealing with paths that have spaces in their names. One of the dropscripts only gives summary information while the other give much more detailed, and larger, output. The output is an html file which opens in you favorite Browser upon completion.

You can get these scripts from my download site, <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)