[OS X TeX] Spaces in the filename

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Nov 24 19:05:52 CET 2009

On 25/11/2009, at 3:50 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> I know that there has been a large effort to have the TeX
> distribution allow file names with spaces but, unfortunately, the
> distribution is so large that little annoyances seem to pop up ans
> it is a patchwork of fixes. The easiest thing is to just avoid the
> spaces! I've used things like MyFile.tex and that seems to work for
> me.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Hi there,

I mentioned it because, for me, it is a habit that I do not have
spaces in file names but it may not have been for the OP in that
thread. I have had the odd issue in the past with binaries that do not
like them and I often switch platforms when working on a single
project. So I prefer to reduce the number of variables that can cause
problems for me.

I ran the file the requisite number of passes. I did it twice too.

If Sam had installed TL2008 then it is very unlikely that the single
binary makeindex was not installed. If that was not installed then it
is more likely that none of the other binaries were and it seems they
were.

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield