[OS X TeX] LaTeX template for Nature publications

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Wed Nov 18 11:56:40 CET 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 3:15 AM, James Owen wrote:

> I am trying to track down a template for Nature publications for
> LaTeX. I have looked in various places, and have found one, but it
> doesn't deal with the figures very well. (All the figure captions
> are put at the end, but no figure numbers appear in the text.)
>
> Can anyone help?

Apparently there is a style nature.cls that comes with the basic tex
installation. As you are saying the figures are not shown but these
can be attached manually (or perhaps Nature wants you to upload them
separately from the file?). Incidentally, according to the author of
the style, this style attempts to mimic Nature's (super-ugly) MS Word
template, which is not what latex was meant for. My suggestion is to
submit using the native article style in latex and hope for the best.

Good luck

Themis